Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Everything is coming up DISNEY!

I love making custom creations for people. They always make me happy.  But the ones that make me the happiest...and the saddest...are the Disney items.  So many people seem to be taking trips to Disney lately and they want to be all decked out in Mickey!  I can't say that I blame them!  My Mickey and Minnie headband covers have exploded over the past few months.  I have yards and yards and yards of ribbon that were special requests from customers and it's waiting for new home (or vacation).

But as I said, it also makes me sad because I really miss the Magic Kingdom.  After all, it holds a very special place in my heart.  A little over 8 years ago, on December 31, 2004, my now-husband proposed to me in the gazebo at Port Orleans!!

We were on a family trip and heading to dinner on Pleasure Island when we stopped for a photo.  My dad was fumbling with the camera (which was unusual since he always set it up without incident to take group photos using the timer).  So while he was trying to figure it out my guy stepped forward and thanked my family for inviting him on the trip even though he wasn't part of the family.  Then he added "but I would like to change that," as he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him in front of my parents, sister, brother in law, aunt, uncle and cousin.  And for a family oriented person like me....that was just PERFECT.

Oh, and you may be wondering if my dad ever figured out the camera.  Well he was actually video taping it the whole time.  My husband met with him a month earlier to ask his permission (very old fashioned) and they concocted the whole plan.

So.... maybe now you will know why every time I create something with a Disney theme, it sends me back in time just a little bit!!  And I love every minute of it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment