Sunday, April 15, 2012

What a great day!

Today it was beautiful in Boston.  The weather was just perfect, in my opinion, around 75 degrees with a nice breeze.  My husband currently works four 10 hour days which includes Saturday and soon he'll be switching to five 8 hour days (losing his Wednesday day off).  Since I work Monday through Friday, Sundays are pretty much our only family day.  And of course there are usually plenty of obligations on that day, especially since I have a large extended family.  But not today!  Today was all ours. 

We had high hopes of a family hike.  A walk on the beach.  An ice cream treat.

Instead, we cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. Our three year old made many messes, so then we cleaned more!  But it was perfect.  I had the windows open to air out the house.  I did a lot of organizing and rearranging.  We put up the canopy on our gazebo (not an easy or quick task).  Cleaned the patio furniture.  The list goes on and on.  It was exhausting but I am so happy we did it. 

As odd as it sounds, it was just a nice time together.  Our son had a ball being outside after months of being cooped up.  My husband did the yardwork that he actually looks forward to.  And I can look at my house with a little less disdain. 

Now I need to go clean the bathtub (for the second time today) because the little one actually was so dirty, he left a ring around it.  I guess that is the best indication of a great time had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment