Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Danvers Family Festival Ornaments

This past holiday season my customized ornaments were a huge hit and kept me really busy for the last three months of the year.  I loved creating all of the designs that my customers asked for, no matter how challenging they were. One ornament in particular was requested by a friend for an entry in the local Parade of Trees raffle.  The tree was being donated by the Danvers Family Festival Committee, a group which organizes two weeks of events for our town during the summer.  For their tree I created a basic blue glittered ornament with the DFF logo in red and white and it was regarded so well, a few more people ordered them for themselves!  This gave me the idea that maybe I could come up with a way to continue the same success with my ornaments at other times of the year.  I asked my friend if the committee would be interested in selling these ornaments during their June and July events as a fundraiser, where they set the price and I donate a portion back to them.  My friend loved the idea, and took it a step further by suggesting I create 9 more designs depicting each of the events the DFF committee would be organizing!  I was so excited about this idea, I built some of my 2019 Goals  around this potential partnership.  I stocked up on as many ornaments as I could carry before they left the stores in December, then I created mock ups for all of the possible designs.  The committee chairperson loved the idea, but then I didn't hear anything for a month.  Then two months.  Then I thought "maybe they forgot about this or decided not to do it."  I was disappointed, but I didn't want to be a haunt about it and figured they would reach out if they ever decided to pursue it.

Then last night I got the call!  Due to meeting cancellations, the committee hadn't had a chance to see the ornaments until this month and they LOVED them!  It sounds as if they were just as excited as I was about this partnership!!  They would like me to be present at the events to help sell them, which makes total sense and I am very happy to do!  I have always wanted to be a part of the committee, but had no idea what I could bring to the table.  Well, now I know!  It will be a very easy way for them to make money for the festival with minimal effort on their part.  For me, it will be an awesome way to get my brand out there for others to see.  I was told to have plenty of business cards on hand and there could be opportunities to work with other groups in town!

It is usually pretty hard for me to put myself out there, other than posting my products on my Facebook page, but I am so happy that I made the move this time.  It will be a lot of work, but I love being able to be a part of such an iconic event!

If you are interested in ordering a set (or individual ornaments) please feel free to pre-order yours at JoatmonCreations.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment