Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Change is good!!

For days I have been trying to come up with a word that will guide me through the year. One that will represent what I want to focus on in 2018, and I think I may have it. CHANGE.
Now, I don't mean that I want to change my job (I like it here) or my relationship (hopefully my husband will be happy to hear that), but just change the things that would make me feel like a better person. 

Change how I react to adversity
Change how I eat
Change how I prioritize
Change my boring routine
Change the things that bother me
Change perspective
And even actual Change (nickels in a jar eventually start to add up).

I find my fuse has been short lately when it comes to my nine year old. I always forget he is just a kid and I have thirty-plus more years of experience than he does, so when he pushes my buttons I want to CHANGE the way I react.  I want to CHANGE how he sees me.  
My husband and I have been married for 12 years (as of New Years Eve) and we are very comfortable, but I want to CHANGE how we spend our time together.  Just simple things, like moving closer to him on the couch so we feel connected again, or going to bed earlier when he does so we have a few more minutes together at night.
I want to CHANGE my lifestyle to be healthier and to be a better role model for our son.  I want to find a way to balance my sweet tooth with proper nutrition so my family feels better about themselves.  

I don't need to make really big changes...just small things each time I notice something I don't like. I tend to complain about things a lot, or get down on myself when I look back on situations with a "woulda, shoulda, coulda" attitude.  But now I want to actually do something about it.  

I know it is such a broad word, but every time I think of what I want to accomplish in 2018 and how I am going to do it, one word just pops into my head and that is CHANGE.  So, that's what I will focus on, then maybe in 2019 my word will become MAINTAIN.


What do you want to change in 2018??

No comments:

Post a Comment