Thursday, October 11, 2012

Truly living up to my name

When I was thinking of company names back in 2004 there was one that seemed to be a no-brainer, which is the one that I stuck with. JOATMON is the acronym for Jack of All Trades, Master of None. I love to create things but I can't seem to focus on just one area.  I start to make something that I absolutely love and then all of a sudden, I veer off down another path.  Many times it's a simple trip to the craft store that causes it. I'll walk in to get supplies for the current project and I'll see something shiny hanging on the wall, which is just calling my name.  I daydream about what I can make with that item...and a whole new product line is born.

But lately in addition to the above scenario, most of my diversions have some sort of link to the project that preceded it.  For example I've been going crazy with the key fobs.  They are so practical and fun to make.  Everyone needs something for their keys, right?  Well that led me to buying so many different prints of ribbon to use.  Then one of my vendors introduced me to something wonderful.  Diamond mesh!  It is actually plastic facets that have the look of diamonds and it is so pretty.  And very lightweight!  It's perfect for key fobs because it gives them an eye catching appeal without adding a lot of heft to them.  Wouldn't you want to show off your keys if they were hanging from something like this:



But of course I couldn't stop there.  I needed to do something else with the mesh, so I decided to make bracelets with it.  And now my jewelry line has begun!


Aren't these so pretty?  I am addicted to them.  I wear them all the time to dress up an outfit.  I don't want to walk away from all of the other projects, but all I want to do it make stuff with this mesh.  Yesterday at lunch I even made myself a silver blinged-out lanyard for my work badge!  And inevitably that is going to start me down the road of another project line, I'm sure..... so stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment